Current OPENING CONCEPT
- The following applies 2G rule. This means that only those who have been vaccinated or who have recovered with appropriate proof are admitted.
- – Events, public tours and booked tours can currently only be used under the rule 2G+ will take place. This means that only vaccinated and recovered persons with the appropriate proof, who also have an official daily negative test, may participate.
- – In areas where only vaccinated and recovered individuals with a negative test result are allowed access under the 2-G plus access rule, there are No test exemption for boosted persons. These require a negative test result in Saxony-Anhalt. The background is the currently very high incidences in Saxony-Anhalt and the new spreading "Omikron" variant. Questions and answers (sachsen-anhalt.de)
- There are a limited number of visitors allowed in the Cathedral at any one time, so advance registration is recommended, especially for groups. The purchase of a time slot ticket is possible via our Shop (fast access in the time window is then guaranteed).
- In order to be able to trace infection chains, visitor data must be collected and stored. The data collection is carried out by the Luca app. Alternatively, you can leave your details in writing. You can bring with you data entry form already filled out or fill out on site. (Please also note our Data protection information on the collection of visitor data.)
- It is mandatory for employees and guests to wear a medical mouth guard in the facilities.
For further questions please contact the visitor service of the Vereinigte Domstifter:
Visitor Service Vereinigte Domstifter
Phone: +49 (0) 3445 23 01 133
Fax: +49 (0) 3445 23 01 134
Welcome to the UNESCO-World Heritage Site of Naumburg Cathedral
The Cathedral of St Peter and St Paul in Naumburg is one of Europe’s most important cultural monuments from the high middle ages and is a major visitor attraction on the “Romanesque Route”. One of the cathedral’s most impressive features are the twin choir screens which separate the choirs from the nave. It is the only church in the world to contain two choir screens from the high medieval period!
The West Choir with its choir screen and 12 statues depicting the church’s donors, which date back to the mid-thirteenth century, forms the cathedral’s biggest attraction. Crafted by the Naumburg Master, the statue known as Uta is particularly special and is said to depict the “most beautiful woman of the middle ages”.
The Naumburg Cathedral is an institution of the Vereinigte Domstifter zu Merseburg und Naumburg und des Kollegiatstifts Zeitz, a non-profit foundation under public law.